Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I love being a mom! It's one of the most rewarding things a woman can be in her life. I really believe these words, but why do I feel so worn down and not so um NOT rewarded? hmmm Well, it's Mother's Day, and my wonderful husband decides that he and the kids will take me out for Mother's day breakfast. We also have family in town so they came with us to celebrate their lovely mom as well. First we got started a little late, so breakfast turned into brunch, no big, except we're all starving and kids are getting cranky! We head to Cracker Barrel, and I swear it must be the token restaurant for Mother's Day! There were people every where! Cars were backed up to the entrance, and I'm thinking, "Why are these people all still here?" It took us like two seconds to realize we didn't want to wait two more hours to eat. You sit there watching all these people mosey out the front door, rubbing their over-stuffed tummies, belching and sucking on toothpicks. By that time, just the simple rocking in the hardback rocking chairs, starts making you sick! I mean seriously, once we went there for Mother's Day, we had to wait so long, I started to eat one of those wooden golf tees from the triangle game! When someone passed by, I pretended it was a giant toothpick. But that's between you and me.

Anywho, we decided to go over to Bob Evans. We only had a 15 minute wait, but I tell you, when your baby is screaming because they're hungry, and your arm feels like the muscles will snap from the load of your precious little child, slinging their sweet heavy little head backwards so hard to can take your nose off your face, 15 minutes might as well be an hour, and right at that moment, Mother's Day didn't feel so "happy"!

We sit down and balloon man comes over, yes I said a BALLOON man! He starts making all these bubble animals and weapons for my kids. My baby doesn't understand why she doesn't get one, and starts grabbing at the other little girl's balloon at the table. I look over, and she's chewing on the thing! You have to understand that I hate balloons! They are festive, and beautiful, but in the hands of a two year old, they are horrid! They screech so loud, and I know any minute they will explode and burst my eardrums! (This fear comes from when I was a teen, I helped with one of those wood cut out picture spots at an Easter fair. I was being the bunny and a little girl got in the egg part and her balloon exploded on my cheek and my ear when she was getting in!) Needless to say, I was tense!

We finally gets some bread and crackers for the kids, and they bring two of my kid's food, about 20-30 minutes before everyone else's?? Weird! They were done, and stuffed and ready to leave. I got my food, baby wants my eggs, I give her a plate, younger son wants eggs, I give him some, oldest son is grabbing bacon, now baby is crying, grabs paper menu to throw, I go to grab it, get a paper cut between my fingers!! OUCH!

Baby's oatmeal finally comes out. SOOO overcooked and slimy! Just paid $3 for a cup of untouched goo, that nobody wants. I start to eat my french toast, baby is grabbing again, turn away from her so I can eat, my hair gets all in my syrup. Baby is super whiny now, and I am past ready to leave. I get up take the kids to the car. We decide to go with our visiting family to the mall, but my baby is crying because I brought her a juice cup, not a bottle. So I run into Target for a bottle and milk, determined to try to have a good rest of the day, come out, our baby, and the other two babies are our cold! So we go home, just spent money on milk and bottles we have at home. It was kind of funny. I was ready for a nap, but didn't get one. It's 12am and I am still up. I love being a mom.

No comments: