Tuesday, December 2, 2008

November 26th (another late post)

The day before Thanksgiving. We really don't have any where to go for Thanksgiving, so my husband and I decide, “who says, we have to eat turkey and all the sides, lets have pizza for Thanksgiving” We think the kids will LOVE this idea, but it did not go over well. So today I am going to the grocery store and get what we need for a traditional meal, and “we'll just do this whole thing on Sunday, it won't matter what day we eat the meal”

I wake up to my husband telling me the dog pooped on the living room carpet (probably next to the vomit spot, I imagined) and he cleaned it up. Great. I am not an animal person at all! So this just sickened me! And I am GREATLY surprised be cause our dog NEVER does anything in the house!

I get up and go on about my day. I tell the kids to get dressed, we're going to the store before everyone else gets there and we run into “buggy traffic” over by the pumpkin pies and frozen turkeys. Just then, there's a knock at my door. We all know who it is by the knock. It's the neighbor girl. Out of school and all ready to spend the next eight hours at our house playing, (or as I like to call it, arguing about nearly everything) and eating three meals plus snacks with us. Now I truly do love this little girl, but I wasn't sure if I was up to the challenge for the day, and I told her we were going to the store, and she had to go home. Well, she started crying, saying she was so bored there, and her grandmother works third shift, so she really had no one to talk to. I lay down three basic rules, and tell her to ask if she can ride along. And OF COURSE nobody said no. So I'm off to the store, now with one more child. I have one with the list, one walking with me, one in the buggy and the other pushing that. Well four items into the trip my youngest son gets the ol Achilles tendon buggy slap! D-R-A-M-A!!! Right in front of the frozen turkeys! So I move all the juice out of the way and help him into the cart, because apparently he is now crippled. He has serious smell aversions, so as we're back tracking past the laundry soap-smelling fish counter, we all gag, and I am seriously worried about my injured child vomiting on my groceries! Hurry, hurry, hurry!! Finally we escape the vile offence to our nostrils, but not without first drawing the attention of everyone on the back half of the store. Three kids, shouting about “that nasty smell, EWW” does not go unnoticed!

After having collected all the groceries on my list, and the kids managing to collect two of every coupon dispensed in the store, we were headed out the store, when I see the movie box rental. So I stop to get a movie for the kids to watch while I fix lunch/breakfast, and unpack the groceries. That was an ordeal. So we bring home Sonic the Hedge Hog. We leave the store but not without someone having to use the potty first.

We get home, the dog is still in the kitchen, so the groceries go into the living room for now. Kids all in, great! Everyone gets a mini cupcake for now. I get everything unpacked, kids fed a real meal, and try to relax. I still have a headache by the way.

My friend calls and wants to drop a little gift off her kids had for mine. I stand at the door for a moment talking with my body in the door to keep the dog from running out, but he comes shooting through jamming his face through my legs and takes off! I am furious!!!!! My youngest son takes off across the street and down the road after him. Here comes my other son and the neighbor girl running after him, leaving no one inside with the baby. My friend runs in while I get my children collected, and offers to stay while I go get the mutt, or for me to let her, since my head was pounding. I hop in her car, back out of the driveway, and there he comes. I pull back in, and he runs into my neighbor girl's fenced in back yard. I trap him in, and grab his collar, . He was mad, and pulled against me all the way home. I sayand drag him all the way across the street and boot him into the back yard! I say goodbye to my friend and thank her.

Later on I had to make a simple phone call. So I let my kids know, and ask them to keep an eye on the baby, so I can make the call before business hours are over. Well son #1 goes to potty, and son #2, tries to do as I ask, and put the movie in, so they could keep busy for a moment. But he can't find the movie, and starts screaming over and over for me. So loud that he scared the baby, so now she's crying, he's still yelling for me because I couldn't respond, because by this time, someone was on the other end of the line, now hearing all of this. I get upset, and go slam the door shut on the tv center “No more tv!”, and the glass shatters!! “What have I done” I thought. I grab the baby, put her in her high chair, send my son into the kitchen to sit, and I start cleaning up the glass. It is about this time, dad gets home, carrying two pizzas for supper, and we all sit down to eat, and all is calm, Yay dad!! Later on my husband finds the DVD player open...ahhh now I understand how the glass broke.

No comments: