Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday November 25th (another late post)

I woke up today with ANOTHER headache! I guess after sleeping cramped up against my headboard with a baby's head under my neck, or teetering on the edge of the mattress with her little feet up in m ribs, probably has a little something to do with my spinal health.

I decide today I will work with my son on his penmanship. He is not happy about it, and this is about where the struggle begins. My head is pounding and my defence weakens quite rapidly! Thankfully a friend of mine asked to take the boys for a while today. I had everyone ready, and I was getting myself together, and my precious little offspring comes into the kitchen as quiet and innocent as you please, with doody all up her back! I decide I can't change her lying down, so I start the process while she is still standing. It is at this time, that my younger son comes into the kitchen and starts to gag uncontrollably! I start yelling, “Go save yourself!!” He jumps the gate, but it's too late. He throws up on the living room carpet! So I finish cleaning the baby, then washing out her clothes, and on to the living room carpet I go! My friend came about two seconds after I finished all this, and I got ready to take my hubby over to pick his car up from the mechanic.

So a little over a month after his accident, we get our car back. I drop him off, and the registration is missing from his car folder, so I run home to find it, and wait for him to meet me there.

By the time I get home, the baby is asleep and I decide to let her sleep. So I do what any good mom would do, and I lock my baby in the car. OK. I know what you're thinking, but it was 60 something out, and I cracked the windows, opened the bedroom blinds, because the car is literally right outside the window. As many of you know how paranoid I am, I run out to the car every two minutes to make sure she doesn't wake up and get upset.

I find the registration, and the phone rings. It's my hubby telling me I need to find the check book, because we used the last one last week. I tore the house up looking for the checks! I finally find them, lock the house and go back up the road to the dealership. I give him the check book and think, I still have a few minutes before the boys would be home, so I head out to a thrift shop.


Great! Today all books $.50! I head over to the books, talking to my little baby on the way, and “smoosh”! I step right into squishy wet carpet! I look down and the entire carpet is soaked in water, I follow the water to the source, THE MEN'S BATHROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's on my shoes!!! I wear those through my front door! My baby crawls around on the floor!! Ew!! One reason we don't wear our shoes in the house. YUCK! They should at least put up a sign! “Enter at Your Own Risk! Cling-Ons are lurking!”

I come home a little while later, and who should sneak up and scare me half out of my men's-bathroom-toilet-water, soaked shoes, but my “adorable” little neighbor girl! I promptly explained that the boys weren't home, and she followed me in any way, continuing to ask me a million questions about where they were, why were they there, and “couldn't I just let them stay home today” all while pleasantly displaying the grated green pickle in her mouth, she'd been chomping on, and smacking her lips loudly.

By the time I got my bags in, carried my once again sleeping child into the house, the boys were back. I allow her to stay, because I know she is lonely, and she has a special place in my heart. So off to the video game they go to play, and I let them! I am exhausted. I sit down at the table to have a snack. The baby is still sleeping, and the kids are quiet for a few minutes. Sweet bliss! Two minutes into my Raisin Bran, I hear a strange bark outside my sliding glass door. I turn to see TWO pit bulls in my fenced in back yard!!! My poor border collie is cowering under the grill! I open the door just barely so he will come to me, and it was too late! They start attacking him! I am screaming at this point and pounding on the glass, my baby wakes up crying, and the kids run into the kitchen to fin their mom almost in tears, pounding on the glass, and their precious puppy being gnawed on by these monsters! I grab the phone and dial 911. I am in a panic and give the lady all the info about the situation. The dogs back off a little and start stiffing the tree, so I barely open the door and get my dog inside! He has blood on his fur, so of course I'm very upset, the 911 operator sends out a police officer. I check my dog all over, no wounds! Wow! The police officer goes next door, and they check the fence and can't find a single place where the dogs could've gotten in our yard. Their only guess is that the dogs JUMPED the fence! That's incredible! My KIDS could've been out there!! The neighbors say the dogs are someone else's and they will be gone immediately, as far as I know, they are gone. But My children could not get to sleep, because of what they had seen. My dog, is OK, thankfully, and I am so proud of him for standing his ground, he protected himself, and he earned my respect. He gets to sleep in the house from now on!

No comments: